Customer information about libraries at Level 2
Are you open?
Yes, all libraries are now open with reduced hours as follows:
Procter, Kaitaia, Kaikohe, Kawakawa and Paihia – open 10am-2pm weekdays
Kaeo Library – open 10am-2pm Tuesdays and Thursdays
These hours may change as we move through Level 2.
What services are available?
At Alert Level 2, we are offering library lending only. You can visit the library to borrow all of our collections except puzzles, which are difficult to keep clean.
There are no seating, public computers, printing, scanning or photocopying services and no wifi inside our buildings at this time.
What are you doing to keep staff and customers safe?
- Limiting the number of customers in our library at any one time and allowing only customers 14 years and older to use the library
- Enforcing social distancing, please keep 2m away from others
- Gathering contact details of everyone who visits. This information will not be used for any other purpose, and will be destroyed after six weeks
- Adding more frequent cleaning to counters, computer equipment, EFTPOS machines and other high volume touch points
- Book quarantining for three days. This means books will be in quarantine for three days before staff return them. We will backdate all returns to the day they came back to the library
- Ensuring anyone who is unwell stays away from the libraries
Are you still waiving fines?
Now that our libraries have reopened, we have returned to issuing items for the usual loan periods, and fines may be charged if items are returned late.
Are you running events and programmes?
No, at this time we have cancelled all in house public programmes, events and meeting room bookings. We have a range of online events and library activities on our Facebook pages.
Can we still access eResources?
Yes, our extensive range of eResources is available 24/7. Click here to get started: Online Resources
Can I access my account information online?
Yes, you can view your library account by visiting our online library catalogue. You’ll need your library card number and PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN, use the ‘Forgotten PIN’ button to be sent a reset email. Email email@example.com if you have any problems.
Click here to visit the catalogue: Online Catalogue