Special events in parks or reserves

Holding an event?

We can make sure no other event is planned at the same time and will ensure the venue is clean and tidy with recycling bins supplied if required.  We will also advise you on whether you need to apply for special consents or licences, such as a liquor licence or mobile shop licence, and whether you need to apply for road closures.

Some events will require a permit to use a reserve and traffic controls. These include:

  • cycle races
  • car events
  • running races
  • street fairs
  • protest marches
  • parades
  • large fun, ride or walks.

Applying for a permit to use a reserve is free and we will tell you about rules you need to follow when you receive your permit.

Download the application form(PDF, 270KB) or you can ask our Customer Service staff for one.

Paihia Village Green

Want to use the Paihia Village Green? Please contact Focus Paihia. Focus Paihia.