Alcohol licences

Mangonui street festival

Far North District Council, the Police and Community and Public Health have a responsibility to control how alcohol is sold, supplied and consumed. Hosts, retailers and alcohol suppliers also need to ensure they and their staff have the right training and the correct licences so guests and customers can enjoy alcohol responsibly and within the law.  

If you want to sell or supply alcohol, you must hold a current alcohol licence. This section tells you about the different types of licence and how to apply for each licence, or renew or change an existing licence. All licensed premises must display their alcohol licence next to the main entrance of the building. This will include their trading hours.