Online resource consent application types

You can now apply online for a resource consent. If you are a registered customer or company you will be able to track your consent progress, and upload any additional documents or information we may request. We now offer the online service for the below consent types. Expand each section to view the application link.

Land Use Resource Consent

For breaches to district plan rules excluding subdivision.

Subdivision Consent

Consent to subdivide land, including boundary adjustments.

Combined Land Use & Subdivision Consent

Subdivision of land and land use consent as one activity.

Discharge to Land Consent

Consent to discharge treated wastewater to land.

Variation to Resource Consent (s127)

Change to or cancellation of conditions of a Resource Consent.

Certificate of Compliance (s139)

For confirmation an activity can be carried out without Resource Consent.

Permitted Boundary Activity (s87BA)

For activities which breach boundary rules where affected parties written approvals are provided.

Objection (s357)

Objection to a decision in accordance with s357 of the Resource Management Act.

Extension of Time (s125(1A)(b))

Application to extend the lapse period of an existing approval.

s223 Approval of Survey Plans

Approval of survey plans for an approved subdivision.

s224(c) Certificate

224(c) certificate. Can include application for a 221 consent notice.

s221 Consent Notice

Stand-alone application for a consent notice under s221.


Watch a short video to see how to apply for an online consent.


An installment fee is payable at the time of lodgement. Payment can be made at a Council Service Centre or into Council's bank account as detailed below:

Account name: Far North District Council

Bank: ASB Bank, Corporate Branch, Auckland

Account Number: 12-3244-0022509-03

Payment Reference: RC-####

Processing of the application will not begin until payment is received. Please note, actual processing costs will be calculated and invoiced after the decision is issued. Interim invoicing may apply.