Inaugural community board meetings elect chairs
Published on 21 October 2022
The council’s three community boards met for the first time yesterday with each electing a chairperson to lead their teams.
Of the three chairs, two were re-elected to their positions with Belinda Ward returning for a second term as chair of Bay of Islands-Whangaroa Community Board and Adele Gardiner elected for a third term as chair of Te Hiku Community Board.
First term Kaikohe-Hokianga Community Board member, Chicky Rudkin, was elected by colleagues to chair their team. She replaces Mike Edmonds, who had held the position for the previous two terms.
Each board also elected a deputy chair. Members of each community board, chairperson and deputy chairperson are:
Bay of Islands-Whangaroa Community Board
- WARD, Belinda (Paihia Subdivision) Chairperson
- AYR, Lane (Kerikeri Subdivision) Deputy Chairperson
- PIHEMA, Roddy Hapati (Kawakawa-Moerewa Subdivision)
- SLACK, Amy (Kerikeri Subdivision)
- HINDLE, Jane (Russell-Ōpua Subdivision)
- BAMBER, Tyler (Waipapa Subdivision)
- MILLS, Bruce (Whangaroa Subdivision).
Kaikohe-Hokianga Community Board
- RUDKIN, Chicky (Kaikohe Subdivision) Chairperson
- FILIA, Tanya (South Hokianga Subdivision) Deputy Chairperson
- EDMONDS, Mike (Kaikohe Subdivision)
- EDWARDS, Trinity (Kaikohe Subdivision)
- GUNDRY, Harmonie (North Hokianga Subdivision)
- MCVEAGH, Jessie (South Hokianga Subdivision).
Te Hiku Community Board
- GARDNER, Adele (Kaitāia Subdivision) Chairperson
- STEWART, John (Kaitāia Subdivision) Deputy Chairperson
- BAUCKE, Rachel Leigh (Kaitāia Subdivision)
- BAINBRIDGE, Sheryl (Doubtless Bay Subdivision)
- AXE, Darren Carl (North Cape)
- SUBRITZKY, William Joseph (Whatuwhiwhi Subdivision).