Mayor names Court deputy
Published on 01 November 2019
Far North Mayor John Carter has appointed five-term councillor, Ann Court, as his deputy for the new triennium. Mayor Carter made the announcement during yesterday’s inaugural meeting of the Far North District Council, which was elected on October 12.
Mayor Carter says Councillor Court’s extensive local government experience made her an easy choice for the role. As well as serving five terms (18 years) as a Far North District Councillor for Bay of Islands-Whangaroa Ward, Councillor Court has served:
- Two terms (six years) as a community board member
- One term (three years) as Deputy Mayor
- Five years as an elected representative on the Northland Regional Land Transport Committee
- Nearly six years as chairperson of the District Licensing Committee
- Almost 14 years as a Top Energy Consumer Trust trustee.
Mayor Carter says Councillor Court is a hard-working councillor who is dedicated to serving her community. He values her experience and wisdom and is looking forward to working with her over the next three years. “Ann’s governance experience is unmatched, so I consider her to be a safe pair of hands for this role.”