No longer on display. Expired on
30 June 2022, 12:00 AM
The Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 requires a Local Authority to prepare and maintain a Rating Information Database (RID).
The Northland Regional Council has, pursuant to section 27(7)(b) of the Act delegated the function of maintaining its database to the Far North District Council.
Notice is hereby given pursuant to section 28(4) of the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 that the Far North District Rating Information Database is available from the 31st May 2022 for inspection during normal business hours at the following places:
Any of the offices of the Far North District Council, being;
- Te Ahu, Corner Matthews Avenue and South Road, Kaitaia
- Parnell Street, Rawene, or
Any of the offices of the Northland Regional Council being;
- Victoria Street, Dargaville
This access will be available via an internal link to the Council's website
The RID is also available for inspection on the Far North District Council’s web site at the following address – https://www.fndc.govt.nz/Our-services/Rates/Rating-Information-Database
This site gives an estimate of the rates that will be charged on each rating unit for the 2022/23 rating year. These estimates are based on the proposed rates for the Far North District and Northland Regional Council. It should be noted that the actual rates may be subject to change when the Annual Plan is adopted.
Any ratepayer may object in writing to the information contained in the database on one or more of the following grounds:
- that a rating unit included in the district valuation roll has been omitted from the database:
- that information included in the district valuation roll has been omitted from, or inaccurately entered in, the database:
- that information included in the database, other than information entered from the district valuation roll, is incorrect:
- that there has been a failure to enter a lawful amendment to the district valuation roll into the database.
Objections may be lodged at any of the above offices or by posting to:
- Far North District Council, Private Bag 752, Kaikohe 0440.
Following due consideration, the Council will notify each objector of its decision in relation to their objection and will correct the Rating Information Database where the objection is upheld.
Chief Executive Officer