Information collected and stored automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through this website, read pages, or download information, we collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is used for no other purpose, is combined with the data from all our visitors and is anonymous. It includes:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access this website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access this website;
- The search terms you used ;
- The pages you accessed on this website and the links you clicked on and if you linked to Far North District Council's website from another website, the address of that website;
- The date and time you visited the website;
- Your operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac);
- The type of web browser you use (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
If you send us personal information
If you choose to provide us with personal information - by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us through this website - we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. We only share the information you give us with another agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide or give it to any private organisations. Far North District Council does not collect information for commercial marketing.
Phone call recording
In an effort to provide excellent customer service to our district we record all telephone calls received in our contact centre, including calls outside of business hours. Recording phone calls will assist;
- with staff training and the improvement of the quality of customer service to the District;
- to ensure the information we provide is consistent and accurate;
- by providing support to transactions that may occur over the phone;
- in providing an accurate record of any transaction, dispute or query.
We understand the importance of protecting your personal information and we are committed to doing so under the Privacy Principles governed by the Privacy Act 1993. As a local authority we only retain personal information as long as it is required and only for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used.