Most people will be working from home in coming weeks. To access the Council network you need to make sure you have the right equipment and software. You can sort this through the IT service desk, with authorisation from your manager.
Do this before expecting your home set-up to be fully operational!
Setting up remote access
To access Citrix remotely you need:
- A computer
- An internet connection
- A MiToken to access internal systems - Pathway, Objective, Tech1 - or network drives (K: / P: etc.)
- If the MiToken app is on your mobile, open it and it will generate a six digit number
- If you require a MiToken please contact the Service Desk prior to your need to work from home
- You must have received the activation email and followed the instructions to activate MiToken prior to using it for the first time
- If you are using your personal laptop, install the Citrix software from this link:
We have three servers to support remote users. Choose randomly from the links below:
You may be asked to "detect Citrix receiver" - select to proceed. You will see this login screen:
- Enter your FNDC username in the User name field
- Enter your FNDC password in the Password field
- Enter your Mi Token code in the Passcode field
Once all these fields are filled, click Log on.
Once you are logged in you will see the following screen:
If you only have one of these Desktops available, click on that one. If you have both available, click FNDCDesktop-O365 which will take you to the new Citrix view.
When you click this, you may get a pop-up asking you whether you want to run or save a file - click Run and it will take you into Citrix.
If you are finding it difficult to connect, or remain connected to Citrix, it will help the service desk if you could run a check on the quality of your Internet connection. Please follow the steps below.
- Visit the SpeedTest web site at https://www.speedtest.net/
- Once the page has loaded, click the big GO button to start the test.
- Wait for the test to complete (it may take 30 seconds or longer), and display the results
- Either take a screen shot of the results, or note down the PING, DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD numbers
- Provide those numbers to the service desk when logging your issue
Checking your Internet provider
There also may be issues with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) so it's a good idea to check on their current status as well. For you convenience, we have included some service status pages below.
If your ISP is not included above, please check with their web site.
Many of our communication applications and tools will work from your FNDC laptop as long as you have a working internet connection. You don't always need to start a Citrix session.
When you are prompted for a username/password using any of these tools, use your FNDC email address and current network password.
- You can use Outlook to send and receive emails, and schedule meetings - as long as you have a working internet connection.
- You can also access Outlook via a web browser (Outlook Web Application) instead of using the desktop email client: https://outlook.fndc.govt.nz/ (use normal username/password)
Skype for Business
Skype can be used to receive and make phone calls as though you were at your normal desk - as long as you have an internet connection.
- Teams can be used for communicating with all staff via messaging (chat), phone or video link as long as there is a working internet connection. [You CANNOT receive phone calls to your DDI via Teams]
- You can organise online meetings with staff, and also external people as long as you know their email address. External people do not need to have 'Teams' installed.
- If you are a member of an MS Team, you can access and edit files stored in the Team channels.
- You can access Microsoft Teams from a web browser too: https://teams.microsoft.com/ (use normal username/password)
Please use the form below if:
- Your password is expired and you cannot reset it.
- You are having problems logging in with your MiToken (remember, you must have activated via the authorised link before you can use MiToken. If you don't have a Mi Token, please speak with your line manager.)
- Any other problems with getting up and running from home.
Please provide your home email address if you are unable to access your FNDC mailbox
In case we need to get in touch with you
Our new Intranet TK3 is now up and running! It is based on Office 365 so you don't need to log into Citrix to access. Just use your FNDC email address and password when prompted. It will be updated with the latest news, and we have to ICT specific pages to help with common questions, and also let you know what our our current status is.