Building forms and guides

18 Result(s) Found

A Building Consent is usually required before any physical work can start on your project. Councils grant a building consent application when they are confident your proposed work will meet the requirements of the Building Code.  

This combined form should be used for the following application types: Project Information Memorandum (PIM), Building Consent (with or without PIM), Solid Fuel Burner, Staged Building Consent, Amendment to Building Consent, or Building Consent using a National Multiple-Use Approval (‘Multiproof’).

You can download a Certificate of Acceptance application form here. Your application should be accompanied by all/any drawings, photographs, producer statements from builders/installers/engineers who had any part of the building work.

If the building is a commercial or public building, you must include a list of all the building’s specified systems along with fire reports and any system commissioning statements to show that the systems have been installed correctly and maintained by professionals – IQP’s. If the building does have specified systems you are reminded to check out your owner obligations under the building Act 2004, Building Warrant of Fitness.

The information provided in your application will form the basis of the building’s Compliance Schedule and should demonstrate how building code compliance provisions have been satisfied (including those parts that have been enclosed and cannot be inspected).  For a swift outcome, we recommend that you engage a building professional with appropriate insurance who specialises in these areas to assist in compiling your application. This may include a Licensed Building Practitioner, Engineer, Designer or Architect, registered electrician, certified plumber, drain layer, gas fitter and IQP for specified safety systems. They will advise what records are required and assist council with processing.

You need to apply for a CCC using Form 6; the form must be completed in full with all contractors details listed.  When you have completed the application form and gathered all supporting documentation please book a final inspection.

Supporting documentation includes energy works certificates from your electrician or gas fitter; as-built drainage plans, records of work from licensed building practitioners and producers statements where required.


Page 1 of 2