Local Elections 2022
The local election is your chance to vote for your local representative and to have a say in decisions that affect our whole community. It is important that you have your say in who represents you by enrolling and voting.
Search for your address here to find which ward and community board subdivision you are in, to vote in the 2022 local body elections.
Who is being elected?
- Te Hiku General Ward (2)
- Bay of Islands-Whangaroa General Ward (3)
- Kaikohe-Hokianga General Ward (1)
- Ngā Tai o Tokerau Ward (4)
Community Board Members (19)
- Te Hiku Community Board (6)
- Bay of Islands-Whangaroa Community Board (7)
- Kaikohe-Hokianga Community Board (6)
- Nominations period: Friday 15 July - Friday 12 August (midday)
- Voting period: Friday 16 September - Saturday 8 October (midday)
- Results from Friday 14 October
The pre-election report prepared by our Chief Executive, Blair King, aims to promote public discussion and informed debate in the lead up to the local government elections 2022. This is also a time to look ahead to the significant challenges and opportunities that our district is likely to face over the next three years, and further into the future.
What's different about this election in the Far North?
- We've switched to Single Transferable Vote (STV) from a First Past the Post (FPP) voting system.
- We’re increasing the number of councillors from nine to ten as part of our Representation Review.
- We're introducing one district-wide Māori ward in this election.
If you have an urgent enquiry you can phone 0800 920 029 or 09 401 5200, you can also lodge a request online at my.fndc.govt.nz.