Food Control Plan update
Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has updated the 'Simply Safe and Suitable' template for Food Control Plans (FCP). Businesses using this template must be using the new versions of the cards listed below by 30 June 2023.
- Separating food
- Knowing what’s in your food
- Packaging and labelling
- Recalling your food.
If relevant to your business, the cards listed below must also to be in use.
- Managing self-supply water
- Using acid to control bugs
- Making sushi
- Hot smoking to control bugs
Businesses must fully transition to the full updated plan by 20 February 2024
How can you get updated cards and plans for your business?
- Download individual cards and the full plan from the MPI website here.
- Request a hardcopy by emailing email@example.com. Please note the council has limited copies to distribute.
- Purchase a full plan from True North, the MPI portal.
The Food Act 2014 (The Act) requires all businesses selling food to register, unless they fit into a small group of exemptions.
The Act is a risk-based system of food safety controls.
Find out the food safety rules you need to follow when making or selling food.
Which risk-based measure is your business?
Your business will be one of the following:
All food sold or traded must be safe and suitable.
Please ensure your premises meets building and planning requirements before lodging your food registration application form.
Registration, verification and fees