About the water supply
Kaikohe's raw water is drawn from two sources and treated at two water treatment plants; a groundwater supply at Tokareireia (Monument Hill) and the Wairoro Stream near the Taraire Hills water treatment plant. Wairoro Stream supplies about 70 per cent of the town’s water, while the secondary water source at Monument Hill supplies the remaining 30 per cent.
To ensure the town is more resilient to future droughts a second much deeper bore is being drilled at Tokareireia (Monument Hill) which is hoped will access greater supplies. This 120-metre deep bore will provide a more reliable secondary water supply to Kaikohe’s main source, the Wairoro Stream.
If you have an urgent enquiry you can phone 0800 920 029 or 09 401 5200, you can also lodge a request online at my.fndc.govt.nz.