x__32__fill__social media twitter voice record__64__outline__user profile avatar contact person volume sound users member human speaker record voice recorder speach speak apartment__64__fill__building home house hotel apartment property flat residence

Health licence applications

These business types are required to obtain a health licence from Council.

  • Hairdressers
  • Mortuaries
  • Offensive Trades
  • Camping Grounds (not providing food)

Registered health licence operators

Information on registered health licence operators.

Search our database

Camping grounds

To apply for a camping ground licence, the business owner needs to submit an application for a Health Licence and pay the appropriate fee. A camping ground licence is renewable annually on 1 July of each year. A renewal notice will be sent out from Council prior to that date.

Camping grounds that prepare and sell food products to the public will also be required to register a Food business . We recommend you refer to the tool Food Safety Rules to help you find out the food safety rules for your type of business or activity.


Hairdresser means any person who engages for profit or reward in the business or practice of hairdressing, whether in a hairdresser's shop or not. Hairdresser's shop means any premises, other than premises occupied by a customer, where a hairdresser carries on his business or practice.

Offensive trades

Offensive Trade is defined under the Health Act 1956, Schedule 3 as any trade, business, manufacture, or undertaking for the time being specified in the Third Schedule of the Act. These include:

  • Refuse collect and disposal
  • Septic tank de-sludging and disposal of sludge

The Health Act 1956 (Section 54) requires anyone operating an offensive trade to obtain a licence from Council, in accordance with the Health (Register of Premises) Regulations 1966. It is an offence to operate an offensive trade without a current certificate.


If you are concerned about a business that may not be registered, or about the condition of the premises, please contact us using our online contact form.

Last updated: 02 Apr 2024 4:25pm