Below are some easy water saving tips you can use right now to help conserve water.
- Only wash clothes when you have a full load. A washing machine uses about 150 litres of water per wash
- Use the dishwasher for full loads only. Each load uses 40 to 80 litres of water
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth
- Put the plug in the sink when washing vegetables and don’t leave the tap running
- Put a half-full soft drink bottle in your toilet cistern to reduce the quantity of water you flush
- Flush the toilet less often
- Use less water in the bath. A bath can use up to 80 litres of water
- Take shorter showers. A shower uses about 8 litres of water a minute
- Keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge to avoid running more water than you need for a glass of water.