Transfer of payments

We can transfer credit balances between your rates, water and debtor accounts if one of the statements below applies to you.

  • Your rates rebate has cleared your rates balance to 30 June and put you in credit.
  • You have overpaid your rates or water account.
  • Your rates have been adjusted resulting in a credit balance for the year.
  • Your debtor account (NOT for Rates or Water) is in credit.

How do I apply?

Step 1.Complete an application form

You need to complete a Transfer Request(PDF, 31KB) form.

Step 2.Compile supporting information

The transfer request form is required to be signed by the Ratepayer/Owner, or somebody that has authority to act on behalf.

If the funds have been paid by someone other than the Ratepayer/Owner then we require their signature as well.

You will need the account numbers you are requesting the funds to be transferred from and to.

Step 3.Submit the application form

  • By post to Far North District Council, Private Bag 752, Kaikohe 0440.
  • Email a scanned copy of your application (with any supporting documents) to
  • Visit any Far North District Council Service Centre or i-SITE during normal operational hours to pick up a form.

Step 4.What happens next?

It will take approximately 20 working days to process your application.

We will write to let you know the outcome of your application, once it has been processed.