To operate a mobile shop, hawker, tour operator, alfresco dining or set up a stall in a public place in the Far North District, you will need to apply for approval.
- A mobile shop operates for short periods in one location before moving on, e.g. an ice cream van.
- A hawker offers goods for sale, sometimes on foot, without prior invitation to visit that private or public place.
- A stall is a specific location where a business is set up for more than 30 minutes e.g. on the roadside.
- A tour operator offers tourist activities in a specific site in a public place.
- Alfresco dining enables the private use of public space for outdoor dining.
You may also need to register as a food business if you intend to sell food. Please see our Food Registration information on the following page.