x__32__fill__social media twitter voice record__64__outline__user profile avatar contact person volume sound users member human speaker record voice recorder speach speak apartment__64__fill__building home house hotel apartment property flat residence

Certificate of Compliance (Alcohol)

All licensed premises must have a current Certificate of Compliance (Alcohol). This certifies that the proposed use of the premises (for the alcohol licence) meets the requirements of the Building Code and Resource Management Act 1991.

These are required for all new premises licences. They may also be required if you are making changes to your business or building and applying for a variation of licence conditions. It is important that you apply as soon as possible as we cannot issue your licence without it.

Step 1. Download application form

Download and complete a Certificate of Compliance form.

Step 2. Supply required information

  • Payment.
  • Evidence and/or documentation showing how the use was established.
  • A site plan in accordance with the District Plan.
  • A floor plan and (if it is a new building) building plans.
  • Documentation & plans showing parking layout etc.
  • A plan showing areas to be used for sale, supply or consumption of alcohol.

The fees for processing your application are non-refundable and must be paid when you apply for your licence. View our Fees and Charges for more information.

Contact Us


0800 920 029



Last updated: 04 Apr 2024 2:08pm